Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What I Wore to Work - Lady In Red


Dress - Wet Seal (Goodwill)

If you haven't noticed, I do practically all my shopping for work clothes at Goodwill.  Why pay retail when you don't have to?  Shopping at Goodwill helps to keep our clothing budget low.  Which means we can devote more of our income to other areas like savings, investments, making extra principal payments on our mortgage.  All the little savings do add up!  Now I know not all Goodwill/thrift stores are alike.  Some are smelly, have dated and worn looking clothes.  Avoid those!  It may take some time, but search out the stores that are relatively clean (I say relatively because I've seen some monster dust bunnies in the dressing rooms of my favorite Goodwills!), have more up-to-date styles and receive more name brand clothing.  

One of my latest Goodwill finds, this RED Wet Seal dress!  Comfortable, with a lovely fit.  I just adore the sweetheart neckline. 


Mary Ellen

Linked at The Pleated Poppy

pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. I love the hint of color in your hair. Very 1920s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very 20s, I agree. :) Love it. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be fairly easy for someone slim like you to find some great bargain clothe in those stores. I use my local charity shops, too. But we seldom have such stylish things on offer, there. You look amazing in that little red number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love your red dress. Great find! Your idea about saving money is perfect for this day and time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful.. what a great find.
    You have such a classic look.. gorgeous.

    have a great night mary ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress, Mary Ellen! That's an awesome find.

    And good for you, for saving and staying on a budget. I am not so disciplined, I'm afraid!

    Followed you here from WIWW!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete