Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Wore to Work - True Blue


Dress - Kimchi Blue (Goodwill)

As I was browsing the racks of my local Goodwill, this dress jumped out at me.  The blue color was just electrifying!  The dress itself was a bit wrinkled.  But I knew it was nothing a warm iron couldn't fix.  I count indulging in bright colors, whether in dress or decor, as one of my simple pleasures.  So it was a given this dress was going home with me! 

I wasn't familiar with the dress' brand, so I did some searching on-line.  I found a listing for this very dress and learned the Kimchi Blue brand is sold at Urban Outfitters.  The site listed the retail price of this dress at $68.  I paid $4.59 at Goodwill!


Pleating across the bodice


The color goes well with my favorite yellow apron!

Mary Ellen


pleated poppy

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I'm not a mommy yet, but I am a newlywed trying to get some basic home skills under my belt. I really appreciate all the practical stuff you have listed here. I also love your hair-this is such a pretty vintage look. I hope you eventually put up a hair tutorial because I would love to recreate this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Colours do suit you well!
    You certainly have got a mega bargain with that one. You look just fab in that!!

    ReplyDelete