Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What I Wore to Work - Thanksgiving Luncheon Merona Dress


Dress - Merona (Goodwill)
Shoes - Target (clearance)

A week before Thanksgiving, my office held its Thanksgiving luncheon.  The luncheon is sort of a pot luck, with the company providing turkey and ham and the rest of us bringing in additional dishes.  For my part, I brought in homemade coleslaw.  Not really a traditional Thanksgiving dish, but it was on the sign-up sheet!  I used The Pioneer Woman's Jalapeno Coleslaw recipe, which is Dave's favorite.  I did omit the cilantro because even though we love it, I know some people are repulsed by it!  My boss raved about the coleslaw, particularly the fine texture of the cabbage.  That's the key to good coleslaw in my book.  And the Presto Salad Shooter I picked up at a yard sale for $3 does the job (remember those from the 80s!

Now onto the dress!  Another Goodwill find - just a simple black and grey print Merona dress with tie at the waist.  It has a sweetheart neckline with slightly puffed sleeves.



Mary Ellen 

Linked at The Pleated Poppy

pleated poppy

11 comments:

  1. Visiting from WIWW: You look gorgeous. The flower pin in your hair is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love how you styled yourself all retro with it :)

    Hope you'll link up with What I Wore Wednesday: http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-wore-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you`ve done it again. Dazzling us with another of your fabulous dresses. You certainly have a fantastic dess sense!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love LOVE that dress!! And those shoes are kickass. Makes me pine for mary janes again...the shoe brand, of course! ;)

    Do you go to Platos Closet? It typically caters to college-age folks and I find plenty of great dresses similar to your style. Goodwill is second option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi - We have a Plato's Closet in town, but I've never checked it out. I think I'll stop in the next time I'm near the store. Thanks!

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete