Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I Wore to Work - Dinner With the Boss


Dress - Ruby Rox (Goodwill)

Recently, my boss and his wife invited Dave and myself, along with my co-worker and her husband, out to dinner.  We're a small department, so from time to time, my boss likes to get us all together outside of work.  It's a fun time to catch up on what's going on with the kids and enjoy each others company.  Plus my boss and his wife know all the great restaurants in town!


For days leading up to the dinner, I had my mind set on wearing a recent Goodwill find - a red satin dress with pleated skirt.  But at the last minute, I decided to go with my black and white Ruby Rox tuxedo dress.  I just love how the dress fits and the flowing lines.  Plus, my new feathered hair clip really complimented the dress!


And of course, Dave got all dressed up in his suit and hat!


 I'm tasty!

Image source

For dinner, we met at a local steakhouse, The Angus Barn.  As its name implies, the outside of the restaurant looks like a big red barn.  But on the inside, it's a beautiful mix of rustic and country decor.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the fireplace as you enter the restaurant.  The mantel was filled with beautiful blue and white transferware pieces.  And a shotgun!  Sounds like an odd combination, but it totally fit with the overall decor.

For starters, we had Ostrich Satay with Peanut Sauce.  Yes, ostrich!  It was the same dish the restaurant's Executive Chef Walter Royal prepared when he appeared on Iron Chef America (and beat Iron Chef Cat Cora!).  So what does ostrich taste like?  Sort of like a combination of chicken and beef!  Or a steak without the beef taste.  It was absolutely delicious!  I could have eaten the entire appetizer by myself!  Since I'm not much of a steak girl, I had Three Cheese Ravioli for my main course.  But Dave did enjoy a steak topped with crabmeat, asparagus and hollandaise sauce.  And for dessert, Cappuccino Cheesecake.  Yum!

After dinner, we took a tour of the kitchen.  You can reserve a chef's table in the kitchen for $85 per guest.  I think that would be really fun!  Dave thought it sounded really expensive!  We also toured the wine cellar and the two large cellar dining rooms.  For events held in the private cellar dining rooms, the wait staff are dressed in tuxedos and offer silent, white-glove service (service a la russe).

It was a wonderful evening, with great food and a great time with friends!

Mary Ellen 

 Linked at The Pleated Poppy
            
pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. You look absolutely lovely! Exotic and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!

    (And I love the name of your blog!)

    Visiting from The Pleated Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silent service, I can only dream. Sounds like an absolutely fabulous evening.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Sounds like a fun time! :)

    new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!

    Thanks for following Lovelyladyjb!

    ReplyDelete