Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I Wore to Work - First Day of Spring


Dress - Express (Goodwill)

Maybe I jumped the gun just a bit :)  But when the first day of Spring rolled around, I wore a white dress to work!  After spending the winter months in dresses of browns, blacks and grays, I wanted to mark the change in season with something light.  Plus, the weather was so gorgeous here last week!  Mild morning temps and afternoon highs in the 70s and 80s.  I found this Express dress at Goodwill (of course!).  It's white with a tiny floral print.  The dress has a mermaid type silhouette - fitted from the chest to the knees, then flaring out at the hemline.  It highlights the curves I earned from having three kids :)  To make it more office friendly, I wore my light blue sweater as a cover up.

Mary Ellen

pleated poppy
  

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty dress! I found it humorous that you said "the curves you 'earned' from having 3 kids. I've had 2 kids and I didn't earn any. I was hoping they would add a few more pounds to my thin frame...no such luck. (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO love it! I've been going to St. Vincent de Paul every day on my lunch picking up a few things here and there for the spring! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. That dress is perfect for you. I am so thankful for this nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this dress! I really have to go to goodwill one of these days :) I'm a thrifter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?

    Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. appreciate it

    Here is my webpage :: Eprofit Academy Reviews

    ReplyDelete