Saturday, October 10, 2009

Market Day - October 10th

5lb pastured chicken, kale, sweet potatoes, salad greens with edible flowers, 2 green bell peppers, butternut squash, string beans, handmade soap & fresh rosemary

We did a little market hopping today, visiting two markets instead of one. Since we were dropping off our daughter's friend who spent the night, we headed over to the market on that side of town. I wanted to get more acquainted with it as it's year-round and our usual market will be closing next month for the winter. There weren't many farmers there but I did pick up the pastured chicken, sweet potatoes, kale and soap. We then headed over to our usual market where I picked up the green beans (and had a good conversation about bread making with the farmer and his wife), butternut squash, salad greens, rosemary and peppers.

The butternut squash adds a bit of fall decor to the kitchen. At least until its eaten!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm a stay-at-home grandmother. :) I do remember the days of being a working mom, and I recall how difficult my heart struggled.

    I love my family so. Though my children are grown with their own, I still pray much for all and do what I can.

    I also pray to minister through my blog and encourage others.

    You have a lovely, blessed life. Praise God for His handiwork.

    Enjoyed my visit. Have a beautiful Sunday.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete