Monday, June 21, 2010

Trash to Treasure Glaze Projects - Chair & Mirror

BEFORE

Inspired by Brooke at All Things Thrifty, I decided to take the plunge into glazing.  My first attempt was this trash to treasure chair Dave found.  The cushion was dirty (made even moreso by our cats sleeping on it) but the chair itself was in good shape.

AFTER

And here she is now!  I went back and forth on a color for the longest, but decided to go with Rust-Oleum Aqua in a satin finish.  For the glaze, I used Ralph Lauren as Brooke recommends in her Glazing 101 tips

Detail on the chair


I covered the cushion with a damask fabric from Jo-Ann Fabrics.  With help from my Mom, who knows all things fabric - thanks Momma!

After I placed the finished chair in the dining room, my attention was drawn to my trash to treasure mirror hanging over the dresser next to the chair.  It seemed to blend into the wall.  It needed some color.

BEFORE

So I took out the spray paint and glaze and went to work!

AFTER

Here is the mirror with its new color and glazed finish!

Thanks for stopping by!


I'm sharing these trash to treasure glaze makeovers with:









toolsareforwomentoo



 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/



HouseofGrace
 
Brambleberry Cottage - Time Travel Thursday
 



16 comments:

  1. Love the chair and mirror! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your transformations are AWESOME!
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful transformations on the chair and mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want them both :) Nice job!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on both pieces! Thanks for showing them to us on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chair is just perfect! I love the fabric and the color you used for the rest of it. The mirror is just as wonderful -- you did a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both turned out great! I need to try my hand at using glaze!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how those turned out! That blue is very French!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have used that blue myself for many a projects. I love it. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your transformations are fabulous! I love the colors. I've been wanting to try out the Aqua paint but haven't found the right project yet.

    Thanks for linking in to my Time Travel party.

    I would love for you to link in to any, or all, of my parties each week.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Job well done...It all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh...I love how the mirror and chair turned out. Especially the mirror. But I am a sucker for aqua. Come and see the aqua at my blog.

    ReplyDelete