Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Inspiration & Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe



A sweet treat for my sweet Mother-in-law!  She came by over the weekend to deliver my Christmas present which had been delayed in the rush of the holiday shipping.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Dining On A Dime Cookbook

3/4 cups shortening, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup (or more) chocolate chips

Beat shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla together until creamy.  Add flour and baking soda to creamed mixture.  Blend well.  Stir in oats, then add chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake in oven preheated to 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes. 



Frugal Inspiration - I love those little "magazines" from the grocery stores!  Besides the store specials and recipes, they contain great ideas for creating pleasing edible arrangements for guests.  One of my favorites is Inspirations from The Fresh Market.  Great ideas for platters that I can recreate on my own for less!

Mary Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Those cookies look delicious! I had a Sam's Club magazine over the holidays that gave me some good ideas for arranging appetizers. Glad to know I'm not the only one that does that!

    ReplyDelete