Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Garden - My Breathing Space


In the past few weeks, I've watched my garden go from the above...


To looking like this!  One of my simple pleasures is to go out and look over my little garden squares in the still and quiet of the morning.  A sort of centering activity before the start of my day.  I study the leaves and blossoms.  The vegetable buds and the bees going busily about the plants.  I rejoice and feel thankful when I see the promise of something wonderful growing!
   

A yellow squash growing


The distinctive shape of a patty pan squash starting to form


A little jalapeno pepper growing!


Mary Ellen

4 comments:

  1. It looks great!I've really enjoyed our garden this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how I feel. I go out there and look at every tiny cucumber, pepper blossom and tomato, before work, after work and in between.

    Your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete