Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yummy Homemade Ranch Dressing


Ashleigh came home from school yesterday excited not about the field trip her class took, but about the carrot sticks she had at lunch!  I normally pack her lunches and snacks for school, but for the field trip I agreed to let her buy the school lunch.  I never would have imagined the school lunch would spark an interest in veggies in our normally veggie-avoiding princess! 

Along with dinner last night, I cut some organic apples into slices for dipping with local honey and organic carrots into sticks.  As a dip for the carrots, I decided to make homemade ranch dressing.  For the dressing, I started with a recipe for a dry ranch mix on the Heavenly Homemakers blog.  To make the dressing, you add two tablespoons of the dry mix to 1 cup of mayonnaise and 1 cup of buttermilk.  I didn't have any buttermilk on hand, but a google search lead me to an easy substitute - add one tablespoon lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and let stand for 5 minutes.  Worked beautifully.  And the dressing, absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment