Thursday, October 21, 2010


I know I'm about a month late, but Happy Fall Y'all!

Thank you for your patience during my break from blogging.  Last month, I felt God was leading me to quiet myself and my life.  To step back and look at what matters most.  To make sure the things I say are priorities in my life, are being given their proper attention.  I'm still working on some things, but Lord willing I'll get there!

My time away from blogging has been productive, but also busy.  My mother has been dealing with a stubborn wound on her ankle that would not heal.  Being that she is a diabetic, it was especially troubling.  After numerous appointments to doctors, wound care clinics, we found out she had blockages in her upper thigh that were preventing adequate blood flow to her lower leg.  This Monday, she had surgery to place two stents in her right leg.  The surgery was successful and she seems to be recovering nicely! 

In my mind's eye, my mother is still the same dominant force she was when I was a child.  So it hasn't been easy seeing her struggle with her health in this way.  I've gone from just taking her to her doctors appointments, to sitting in on them and keeping track of numerous medications.  I feel very unprepared to take on this caregiver role.  But it appears to be the season of life I'm slowly moving into.

   

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blog land! I hope you enjoyed the break, they are often necessary and fruitful times to spend growing in the Lord. Well, for me at least.
    I was sorry to hear about your mom but glad they found the problem and could fix it. I can identify with how you are feeling about your mom as my mom now requires full time care from my dad and I go over and help too. It's hard to watch our vibrant parents become so fragile with health issues. She is lucky to have such a wonderful daughter as you are. You will be a blessing to her and don't put too much pressure on yourself, okay?

    Happy Fall to you too,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so painful! I'm glad the doctors could determine the problem and get her on the road to recovery!

    My mom is going through the same sort of thing since last fall when my very independent and plucky grandmother's health deteriorated very suddenly. She is on the mend, but only after a number of surgeries and treatments that my mom spent a lot of time researching and attending.

    God give you grace to be a blessing to your mother as she has been to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds painful for your poor mom. I hope she is on the mend now, for real. Good luck with juggling everything. Your mother is very lucky to have you close by. Best wishes with everything. And welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Mom continues to recover well. I'll be praying for strength for you as enter this new season.

    Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the warm thoughts and prayers ladies!

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete