Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Vintage Yard Sale Find - General Electric World Wide Travel Iron



With my Momma still on the mend, I've taken over the laundry duties.  As you can imagine with a family of six, laundry is quite the undertaking!  I didn't realize how spoiled I was to have someone taking care of the laundry for me :)


We've also missed having crisply ironed dress shirts, dresses and slacks.  My Momma really is an expert when it comes to ironing!  I don't have anywhere near the amount of ironing skills or experience, but I've taken up this homecaring task as well.  To help me along, my sweet husband bought me this cute vintage iron at a yard sale.  It's a General Electric World Wide Travel Iron, that works as a spray, steam or dry iron.  It came with the original box, manual and all the extras including adapters should I find myself ironing abroad! I was a little apprehensive at first, due to its age.  But, it works perfectly - a great starter iron :)  


It's funny, when I was a teenager, I would unfold the jeans my Momma had carefully ironed and creased to make them look, well not so neat.  Now, the rough dried look doesn't seem so appealing!

Mary Ellen

1 comment:

  1. I actually had a travel iron, similar to that one.
    I remember getting burned a few times using it. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete