Sunday, August 23, 2009

All Hands On Deck

When it comes to cleaning, I normally attempt to be Superwoman and tackle an enormous amount of tasks all by myself. After all, my own mother managed to work, care for my father as his health declined and keep house without help from anyone. Since the current state of the house had me feeling more than overwhelmed, my husband declared yesterday a joint cleaning day. I worked upstairs in the master bath and bedroom, while he worked downstairs in the kitchen. He cleared and cleaned counters, emptied and organized the pantry and matched all the Tupperware bowls with their respective lids! He even got the kids busy straightening their rooms and cleaning the glass dining room table. The house is back in order and now I can focus on getting myself organized for the start of the school year.

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to start the school year with a clean house. It feels like the whole year can now go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete