Friday, April 13, 2012

Picking Strawberries at Vollmer Farm


Thanks to a warm winter, strawberry season came early to our area this year!  And for us, that means a trip out to Vollmer Farm in Bunn, NC.


Yummy strawberries!


Dave and the kids picking berries


I guess Ashleigh sneakily took a picture of me picking as well!  It was a cool, somewhat breezy day.  But I braved the elements in my dress and heels :)


After our buckets were filled, the kids took to the playground.  The pirate ship is always a favorite.  Clayton is king of the world!


So is getting a push from Daddy on the swings!


And of course the grand finale, a stop by the ice cream shop for scoops of homemade ice cream!  I had banana pudding - so delicious!  Tastes just like banana pudding but in a waffle cone!


Now, its time to work these strawberries into some jars of jam.  I'll also freeze a portion to use in smoothies.  The rest, we'll just enjoy their fresh, sweet goodness!

Mary Ellen 

5 comments:

  1. Those strawberries look delicious! We have two wait another two month before we see strawberries in season here in Britain. I also intend to visit a 'pick your own' farm when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we get ours from Strawberries on 903. They have flowers and other veggies for sale plus animals (goats, chickens, etc.) and the homemade ice cream. No playground yet. Makes for a fun outing. I love strawberries! Don't think I could pick in heels and a dress, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fun reading your posts :)
    Have you heard of yonanas? It's a machine that turns frozen fruit like bananas and strawberries into yummy sherbets and frozen yogurt without any added ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess Ashleigh sneakily took a picture of me picking as well! It was a cool, somewhat breezy day. But I braved the elements in my dress and heels :)
    pakistani salwar cutting and stitching
    stitched pakistani lawn suits online

    ReplyDelete