Monday, April 23, 2012

Work In Progress - Trash to Treasure Cabinet


I spent most of the past weekend doing some deep cleaning around the house.  But, the weekend wasn't all wrangling dust bunnies!  I also worked on our latest trash to treasure find - a cabinet for the dining room.  Dave started the project by painting the cabinet white.  To finish, I'm going to paint the details on the doors and drawers in my favorite shade of robin egg blue - Valspar Atlantic Gray - same color we used for the TV dresser.

The doors of the cabinet are very detailed.  There's really no rhyme or reason for my approach to painting the detailed areas.  I'm pretty much just going by what looks visually appealing to me.  But that's the beauty of trash to treasure projects!  It's completely individual and unique.  And if I mess up, I can just repaint it without much lost!
 

Detail on bottom drawer

Can't wait to share the finished project.  When I finish it, of course! :)

Mary Ellen


Today (4/23) is the last day of the Living On A Dime 50% Off Mother's Day Sale.  
All print books 50% off!



1 comment: