Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reed Versus...

REED
3 year old curly-haired cutie pie. 
Lover of lentils, most vegetables and Wonder Pets.

VS.

A framed poster size print of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
that has sat undisturbed on our fireplace mantel for the past 4 years.



WINNER -

REED

by a knock down.

Dave had just suggested I go upstairs for some quiet time while he cleaned up after dinner.  No sooner than I got upstairs and reached for a book, I heard the sound of glass crashing to the floor.  I ran out of the bedroom frantically looking around and bracing myself for that big cry/scream.

Luckily no one was hurt when the picture fell off the mantle (with a little help from Reed and a flying object) and the glass smashed into a million pieces.  I was planning on moving the picture to our sunroom last weekend so I could put up the old windows I bought at a yard sale, but didn't get around to it.
     I guess this is what happens when you procrastinate!


Our Lady in her new (and safer!) location in the sunroom above a trash to treasure dresser Dave found.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my, boys will be boys! At least the picture was still okay and I like it's new home too :) I hope you post some pics of the windows when you get them hung. I bet it will be gorgeous!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely a cutie! And I bet Our Lady didn't mind at all. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful painting and hope it will be safe in its new location. I am glad no one was injured in the incident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, your wording is funny.
    Reed is super cute, I can't imagine that anyone would get upset with him. Sorry about your painting though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that's the way it works at my house too.
    What a cutie, just want to kiss those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete