Monday, July 25, 2011

Garden - Summer 2011


A few zucchini and a small green pepper from my garden.  They were some grape tomatoes in the basket, but someone (my Momma!) ate them!  I used some of the zucchini for this delicious Zucchini Bread recipe from Simply Scratch.

***
This Summer's garden has been better than last year's.  Which gives me hope that I'm inching ever so closer to my goal of elevating my gardening from hobby status to something that has real added value to the family - but still enjoyable at the same time.  I'm the type of person that likes to do something right the first time.  But gardening is surely breaking me of that thinking!  I've dealt with zucchini shriveling on the plant before they even mature (pollination issue).  And blossom end rot with my roma tomatoes (watering issue).  But as Dave reminds me, it is all a part of the learning process.  And a part of the growing process for me.   

Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment