Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A PTO Day from Work - "Pie" Time Off!


I'm taking PTO (paid time off) from the office today to prepare for Thanksgiving.  So, what does a working home keeper do on her day off from work?  Well today, PTO might as well stand for "pie" time off!  I've been baking since morning.  A pecan pie for Dave's birthday (Happy Birthday Honey!) and a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dinner.  And I've got a pan of cornbread in the oven right now to make stuffing with tomorrow.  I can't wait to dig into a slice of pecan pie with homemade whipped cream tonight!

Are you doing any baking today?

Mary Ellen 

1 comment:

  1. Your pies do look soooo delicious!
    I will have to refrain from baked goods from now on. My arthritis might be agrivated by gluten in flour, so I`m trying to cut down on the use of any foods that contain gluten. What a shame, as I do like to bake. I shall have to look for gluten free flour and bake with that or start making corn bread, like you.

    ReplyDelete