Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Summer Table


While out for one of his morning runs, my husband came upon three boxes of canning jars that had been put out by the road as free to a good home. Among the usual canning jars were these three beautiful aqua colored jars - 2 Ball Perfect Mason jars and one Atlas Strong Shoulder jar.



After cleaning the jars up a bit, I set about making a Summer tablescape. I filled the jars with decor sand and added a small, white candle to each. As I began arranging my jars, three sets of little hands eagerly joined in, hastily arranging shells gathered from our previous trips to the beach.

I had a vision in my head of how I wanted the tablescape to look. But I'm glad I let go of my "perfect" vision, in favor of something much more beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Your Summer Tablescape looks very beautiful and I would love to find some of those aqua blue jars they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete