Inspiration for my latest project came from the picture of this kitchen island. While we didn't need an island (we've currently repurposed our baby changer as an island), it did provide an idea for this latest trash to treasure find - a black, upright dresser.
I started by painting the red "lip" attached to the third drawer black. I didn't even think to match the finishes of my paint and the dresser. I used a black paint with satin finish I already had on hand, but the dresser is more glossy. Ooops!
Next, I traced the template of the floral design onto the dresser. You can find a copy of the template here. I wasn't able to get all the template, so I freehanded the middle portion.
Note - Before you tape your template onto the dresser, don't put anything in the drawers you might need later. Like your paint...hehe!
Now here's the dresser all dolled up! I painted the floral design in Deep Turquoise (Laura Ashley Home). It's such a lovely color especially with the Caribbean Sunset walls of our family room.
Thanks for stopping by!