Tuesday, June 15, 2010

BBQ Meatballs With Local Grass-fed Beef


BBQ Meatballs made with local, grass-fed & finished beef (Rare Earth Farm, Zebulon, NC)
Local green beans (from Cloverfields Farm, Timberlake, NC) sauteed with garlic
Recipe adapted from Kraft Food & Family

INGREDIENTS:
1lb local, grass-fed & finished beef (Rare Earth Farm, Zebulon, NC)
1 cup bread crumbs from sprouted bread
1 local, pastured egg (S & L Farm, Louisburg, NC)
2 tsp dried parsley
Onion powder (or 1/4 cup fresh, diced onions)
Black pepper
BBQ sauce - homemade or favorite bottled (I used Annie's Naturals Organic BBQ sauce)

Combine ground beef, bread crumbs and egg in a large bowl.  Season with dried parsley, onion powder and black pepper.  Form into meatballs.

Heat olive oil over medium heat and brown meatballs.

Preheat oven to 350.  Place browned meatballs in casserole dish and cover liberally with BBQ sauce.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.


I'm sharing this dish using local ingredients with:







5 comments:

  1. I must say, that looks incredibly YUMMY!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I tried sweet and sour meatballs with grassfed beef and they were a fail. Not sure what I did wrong, but I may try BBQ next time. I better get it right soon, since I ordered 1/4 grassfed cow for this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my guys would love this recipe. I'm book marking it.

    ReplyDelete