Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quick Meals for Working Moms - Artichoke Gratinata (Gratin)


Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis

Over the holiday break, I caught an episode of Giada De Laurentiis' cooking show, Everday Italian.  This particular episode featured quick weeknight meals.  All the dishes looked fantastic and would be really easy to put together on a weeknight after work.  One of the dishes that caught my eye, was her Artichoke Gratinata (Gratin).  I had most of the ingredients on hand, including a bag of frozen artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's that had been lingering in the freezer.  The only thing I didn't have was the Marsala wine, so I used white.  Probably not a perfect substitute but when you're cooking from the pantry, you have to make do with what you have!  The artichoke was wonderful and this dish was a great side for the spaghetti and meatballs we had for dinner.

If you're interested in checking out the other recipes, the episode was called "Weeknight Wonders".  The roasted Cod with Lima Beans also looks like delish!

Mary Ellen


1 comment:

  1. I will check out that episode. I'm always looking for quick and delicious dinners. The artichoke gratin looks good (I never have any wine on hand - I always use chicken broth instead).

    ReplyDelete