Monday, August 16, 2010

Goodwill - 1950s Inspired Charlotte Russe Dress


Charlotte Russe dress - $2.79 Goodwill

Happy Monday y'all!  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  This morning I'm sharing my latest Goodwill find - this 1950s inspired Charlotte Russe dress.  I've developed an interest in 1950s fashions as of late.  So I had to pick up this dress!  It is a peachy/melon colored check fabric with striped belted waist.



A close up of the sweetheart neckline with puffy cap sleeves.  A strand of faux pearls to complete the 50s look!

Dave and I haven't done much yard saling lately.  I think the season is slowing down here as everyone gets ready to send the kids back to school.  A couple yard sale buys worth sharing:     



Dark blue Gadzooks corduroy jacket - $2


And these pretty decorative pieces.  Dave thinks they have absolutely no purpose at all.  But lying around looking pretty is purpose enough for me!  I paid $1 a piece for my shiny baubles :)

Thanks for stopping by!


I'm sharing these thrifty finds with:








6 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute!!~ Of course for a dollar they have purpose...I like em! Thanks for joining in, love to see these fun finds. Have a great week. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it looks super cute with your curls! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is darling!
    Robin
    All Things Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are just too cute!!! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want the dress ... is it a size 9? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress! It looks adorable! you hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete