Friday, August 27, 2010

It Does Get Easier, Right?

This morning I dropped Clayton off for his first experience of kindergarten.  At our school, the kindergarteners only attend one day of school the first week.  It really is like an assessment day before the final class assignments are made.  I've been so nervous about this day.  My stomach has been in knots all week!  I felt a little better when we got to the school and found out Clayton would be spending the day in Ashleigh's former kindergarten teacher's classroom.  And that two other teachers, whom we know, would be assisting in the classroom today.  Clayton was okay right up until it was time for me to quietly make my exit.

Then he cried and I felt terrible for leaving my baby.  Having been at home for all his life, this will be quite an adjustment.  For him and for us.  As much as it worries me, I try to remind myself this will be a time of growth for Clay.  In a few months we will look back and be amazed at how much he's learned, the friendships he's made.  I know he will be okay, but right now it's kind of tough.  Funny thing is Reed was crying this morning because he wants to go to school!  Go figure!

2 comments:

  1. It is tough to worry about our children all day and wondering if they will be happy! I'm sure he will be fine just like you said. In a few months he will be adjusted and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a short while you will be adjusted and happy too! By the end of the year, you will be amazed at how far you both have come.

    ReplyDelete