Monday, June 20, 2011

Quick Meals for Working Moms - Tuna Salad


A quick & light meal for Summertime -
tuna salad, local sliced cucumbers with homemade ranch dressing and multi-grain crackers.


Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day weekend!  We did as my wonderful husband made the day just as special for us as it was for him :)

I've never been a fan of tuna salad.  That is until I made the Pioneer Woman's Tuna Melts.  I was so pleased (and surprised!) at how good the melts were, I decided to make the tuna salad again sans whole wheat english muffins.  I did "tweak" the recipe a bit to suit our taste.  I omitted the pickles because Dave doesn't like "pickley" salads.  Used 2-5 oz. cans of Trader Joe's tuna in water (drained of course).  And added only a small spoonful of dijon mustard - Dave doesn't like overly "mustard-y" salads either!  To go along with the salad, I sliced some cucumbers from the farmer's market, added homemade ranch dressing for dipping and a bowl of Trader Joe's 12 grain snack crackers (so good - we ate the whole box!).  

A quick, refreshing meal to beat the Summer heat!


Mary Ellen       

1 comment: