Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Accepting the Now



"Over the years I have discovered that much of my struggle to be content despite outside circumstances has arisen when I stubbornly resisted what was actually happening in my life at the present moment.  But I have also learned that when I surrender to the reality of a particular situation - when I don't continue to resist, but accept - a softening in my soul occurs.  Suddenly I am able to open up to receive all the goodness and abundance available to me because acceptance brings with it so much relief and release.

Whatever situation exists in your life right now, accept it."

- Sarah Ban Breathnach
Simple Abundance:  A Daybook of Comfort and Joy

3 comments:

  1. AMEN!! Our posts today are very similar.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear this today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for responding to my unemployment benefits post.
    Now that you mention it that's probably why it didn't post. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete