Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Easier Mornings Before Work - Kids Clothing Organization


My mornings just got easier!  Let me explain.  As a working home keeper, I know the benefits of planning for the next day the night before.  Anything you do the evening before, from prepping lunch boxes to laying out clothes, can help make your mornings more relaxed and less hectic.  Confession time - some evenings, I just don't feel like it!  After coming in from work, cleaning up and cooking dinner (in heels!), I just want to melt into my bed.  So, sometimes clothes don't get laid out the night before.  Which means the next morning starts with a rush to put together outfits for three kids - and myself!

Now, I have a new plan - do it once and forget about for the rest of the week!  Instead of laying out one set of clothes for the next day, I put together outfits for the entire week on Sunday afternoon.  To keep the clothes organized, I use the hanging shoe organizers pictured above.  Ashleigh has one organizer, and the boys share a separate 10-pocket organizer.  Since the organizers are intended for shoes, they aren't very wide.  But they are pretty deep and the sides are a flexible fabric.  The pockets can easily hold a shirt, pair of pants, underwear and socks.  Bulkier sweaters would be problematic.  But we are slowly moving towards milder temperatures, thank goodness!  If this new system works out well, maybe I'll upgrade to a standard hanging shelf organizer by the time winter (and the need for bigger sweaters!) arrives again.    

How do you keep your mornings running smoothly?

Mary Ellen

         

P.S. If you're looking for more storage solutions for your closet, use these coupons for Lowes.

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday, I was searching the internet for printable scrapbooking tags when I came across a really neat idea. If your current system does not work out maybe you could give these days of the week tags a try. I love how she has the primary colors for boys and the pastels for girls. http://shop.livinglocurto.com/days-of-the-week-clothes-tags/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daisha, that is a great idea!

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I just don't feel like doing the evening routine either! I'll pass on some things and just cover it in the AM. I love the ideas and the shoe organizers. Keeping the shoes organized can save time and a frantic search!

    ReplyDelete